A month ago , we (Céline , Sarah & me) arrived in Leuven and started our experience there. After two weeks of "project works" , we are now taking our real lessons. It all started on February 15th. When I arrived at GroepT for the first "lesson"day , I already had a lot of funny memories in mind. Then my expectations were quite simple ; to meet new friendly people , to discover a new environment , to practise & develop as much as possible my language skills. I also expected to learn a lot about other cultures towards lessons and towards contacts with students.
And , so far , that is what is happening! I/We have met a lot of different people because a big part of our lessons happen in a group with several nationalities ; Spanish , French , Irish , Chineese , Belgian , Indian , etc... During a lesson , we often have a debate on various cultural aspects all over the world and everyone can share his/her point of view with the others. That is very interesting and learnful !!
Our lessons are given by teachers in both languages ; English&Dutch. With these lessons I can develop and regularly train my language skills ; listening , reading , vocabulary learning ,... It was and still is very easy for me to follow and understand what is said in the various lessons. Even if the rythm of the lesson was/is sometimes different (questions,time available,...). So , from a linguistical point of view, that is another of my expectations which is completely fulfilled.
During a "normal" week (that is to say without holidays , changes in the schedule,...) , I only follow lessons on Tuesday , Wednesday and Thursday.During a lesson , we have to take notes of course but , as in the I.S.P.G , there is a website where all the lessons-documents are available. It is very helpful if we want to complete our notes. I/We have sometimes some tasks to do ; to sum up a text about culture , to write a personal analysis on a cultural language aspect , to prepare & take part in a debate during the lesson,...
The only difficulties I encountered so far were linked to the schedules . The first few days , I did not know exactly which course I had to follow because we were not registered in any class-list. That was due to the fact that we are no "basic" students from GroepT. There were also some shifts in the schedule after a discussion with our tutor & with Mr Vandepaer. But now , all the problems are solved and the show goes on !!
As a way of conclusion , I would say that this experience is a very positive one as far as I am concerned. So far , I have no regrets at all about my choice!
TO BE CONTINUED....
Romain
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire